We consider our rugs to be lifetime investments, and it’s never been easier to keep them in tip-top shape by following a few of these simple instructions and tips. Red wine? Dried Mud? No problem, we’ve got a solution for that:
- vacuum rugs regularly to remove dirt and loose fibres, ensuring particles don’t get lodged deeply in the pile
- unrefined wool piles (ie. Our Beni Ourains) can sometimes shed natural fibres, but don’t be alarmed. Simply lightly vacuum, and the shedding will subside eventually.
- if your new rug has a thinner construction, add a rug pad to help reduce slippage and wrinkling
Uh Oh, I spilled:
- act quickly on liquid stains to ensure they don’t dry into the rug fibres. Use paper towel or a clean cloth to soak up the stain until there’s no more liquid, and then blot with warm soapy water and air dry. For tougher spills like wine or juice, apply some white vinegar to your soapy water solution.
- for any materials that are solid or dried into the rug— mud, mac and cheese, makeup, to name a few—scrape off the matter before blotting with a solution of warm soapy water and air dry.
Pets? Oh how we love them:
- for pet stains we recommend a pet cleaner (ie. Scout’s Honor Natural Pet Cleaner), or a solution of white vinegar mixed with water and soap.
- sprinkle baking soda on the area and leave overnight to absorb any lingering odors. Vacuum up in the morning.
- for larger stains, or yearly deep cleans, we recommend taking your rug to a professional rug cleaning service.