Customer Care Specialist
Customer Care Specialist
Rug & Weave
Part-time, permanent position
1 position available
Rug & Weave provides one-of-a-kind home staples internationally, with our warehouse and storefront located in Guelph, Ontario (Canada). We strive to add beauty and functionality to our customers' homes through the items we carry so they can make lasting memories.
The Ideal Candidate
The Customer Care Specialist (CCS) is a key part of the Rug & Weave team and overall customer experience. They are an excellent written and spoken communicator, and their friendly, approachable, and inclusive nature helps to foster a positive environment for all. They bring strong interpersonal skills which help them to develop strong relationships with both customers and colleagues.
The CCS is passionate about home decor and design, and will go above and beyond for our customers. With a strong work ethic and the ability to learn new systems quickly, the CCS will head up all customer inquiries, manage the fulfillment of drop-ship orders through to delivery, and ensure the website reflects accurate shipping information. This self-motivated individual will work closely with the entire Rug & Weave team and will ensure our customers have a positive experience with our company.
- Manage customer inquiries through email, telephone, and in-person
- Provide professional and attentive assistance to customers
- Manage the lifecycle of drop-ship order fulfillment
- Verify customer information and data entry accuracy
- Keep up-to-date on product knowledge to be able to advise and assist customers effectively
- Communicate and work collaboratively with colleagues
- Prioritize and take initiative to complete tasks
- Support in other business areas as needed
- Handle confidential customer and business information in a sensitive and responsible manner
- Carry out other tasks as directed by management
- The CCS will report to the Svein, Co-Founder and Sales/Operations Manager
- Minimum of three years of experience in a customer service environment, retail industry preferred
- Demonstrated interest in home goods and decor
- Solid understanding of sales principles and customer service best practices
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively through email, telephone, and in-person interactions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, navigate and resolve conflict, and make effective decisions in this regard
- Excellent computer literacy and typing proficiency
- Strong attention to detail and ability to catch small errors
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building with customers and coworkers
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner, and to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- An approachable, friendly, and inclusive personality that promotes a comfortable environment
- Evidence of the ability to practice confidentiality and use good discretion when making decisions
The Customer Care Specialist will work 20 hours per week and be available for shifts scheduled Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am to 5pm.
How to Apply
Please apply via the job posting here ->
Rug & Weave is an equal opportunity employer. We make accommodations for disability in all parts of the recruitment process. Please let us know how we can meet your needs.